What you can do to be a little richer?
It’s amazing how much more you get out of life when you decide where to spend your money before letting them ‘go from your pocket’. It’s a great difference between telling about or paying off all of your debts (including your credit cards, appartment or car loans!).
Sure, the perks of budgeting should not be underestimated. But there are other ways to increase your level of life. For example, and unsurprisingly getting a raise. Researches show that if you make less than 100,000 USD per year, a increasing in pay can make you happier. Researches also show that being lavish can make you happier.
So, if X equals Y, and Y equals Z, it only goes to show that being lavish is equivalent to become a little richer. It’s the transitive property at work. And, people, you really can’t argue with that. Would you care to help us prove the theory? We’d love it if you join us this week for …
The November Contest: Be a Kind Person
All jokes aside, when you actually do wind up feeling more grateful and satisfied with your own life. It’s easy to feel sick and tired of mountain of bills, payments, credits etc. Especially when you’re correcting your spending habits… But, if you stop to appreciate what you’ve already got and stimulate yourself to act in the spirit of magnanimity, you’ll be surprised at how rich life can be.
I`ve just told you that being generous is a key to your happiness, but on other hand don’t be vtoo much altruistic. Sure, you understand me. You will likely feel better if you participate in our contest where everybody wins! And do not worry, cause you don’t need money to be lavish. Kindness counts and there are unlimited ways to make someone’s day better. Here are a few ideas, most of which are totally free:
- Donate your unwanted clothing and staff to someone who need them more
- Wish a stranger a good day by picking up the drive-thru tab
- Pet-sit for a traveling or sick neighbor
- Cook something nice to share with people around you.
- Make time to call your old, dear friend who lives far away from you or somewhere near. Wish them good health, good day and share your good mood. Your schedule isn’t that hectic.
- Volunteer with local charities—find out what your community needs, and fill the gap.
- Simply smile to somebody on the street. It can last for miles!
- Volunteer your professional skills
And, sure, you can always budget a few dollars to somebody.
Small things can move mountains! Let’s do this together.
Join the Contest!
Will you join us in performing one act of kindness each day this November? We’ll be watching out for you on social media, under the hashtag #lavishnovember. Or just ost about your generosity in the Caitieb Forum. We want to see what you’re able to!